Home Energy Assessments
A home energy assessment is a comprehensive evaluation of your home's energy use by a professional home energy analyst. It's an affordable first step to learn what upgrades your home needs to be more comfortable and energy efficient.
The assessment will reveal the places in your home where insulation is skimpy or where outside air is leaking in. The analyst will also evaluate your furnace, water heater and major home appliances to determine whether replacement or repair is recommended.
You’ll get a written report after the analyst visits your home. The report will list all the measures you can take to make your home more comfortable, safe and energy efficient.
- Rebates of 60% of the cost - up to $100, $160 or $200 for 3 types of home energy assessment.
Standard Rebate Offers
Xcel Energy offers rebates for a wide variety of energy efficiency upgrades for residential customers.
- $300 for AFUE 95%+ furnace or boiler
- $100 for ECM motor for new or existing furnace
- $300 or $600 for qualifying ground source heat pump heating & cooling systems. Details here.
- $300 to $1,200 for new installs of evaporative coolers
- $200 to $1,200 for replacement of older evaporative coolers
- $300 for standard efficiency
- $600 for high efficiency
Heat Pumps for Cooling
- $300 to $600 for air-source or ground-source heat pumps for cooling
Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps
For heating and cooling.
- $300 for qualifying equipment
- $70 for EF 0.64+ tank water heater - for natural gas customers
- $100 for EF 0.87+ tankless water heater - for natural gas customers
- $450 for electric heat pump water heater - only for all-electric customers
- $175 to $450 for air sealing, bypass sealing and weatherstripping, depending on heating type and level of reduction in air infiltration.
- $350 to $600 for attic insulation, depending on heating type.
- $350 to $600 for wall insulation, depending on heating type.
- Unplug and recycle that second fridge in your garage or basement, or update the aging fridge in your kitchen.
- Xcel Energy will haul that old fridge away for FREE, give you a couple of free LED lightbulbs, and send you a check for $50. Plus, you can expect to save up to $100 a year on your electric bill.
Get down to one ENERGY STAR refrigerator to save energy and save money.
Call (866) 552-8755 to arrange a refrigerator pick-up.
- In-store discounts on energy efficient light bulbs.