Solar Energy Makes Sense
Solar equipment prices have dropped 80% since 2011. Many homeowners across the U.S. are choosing solar energy as a way to establish energy independence and increase their property value.
Garfield Clean Energy’s free renewable energy consulting can help you understand the best options for using solar energy to power your residential property. We can:
- Provide telephone consulting to explain and evaluate on-site and off-site options.
- Calculate optimal system size to meet electricity consumption.
- Provide a remote site review to determine on-site solar potential.
- Review solar contractor bids.
- Advise on economic incentives and financing options.
Contact CLEER today to schedule your free renewable energy consulting call with Katharine Rushton.
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1105 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Solar is Affordable
Federal tax credits, utility incentives, CORE rebates and financing options make solar energy a smart investment for many residential property owners.
Federal Tax Credit: This program is now in its final two years, ending on Dec. 31, 2021.
- 2020 projects: 26% federal tax credit
- 2021 projects: 22% federal tax credit
Utility Incentives: Offered by electric utilities serving Garfield County. See below.
CORE Rebates: Offered to properties within the Roaring Fork Valley. See below.
Financing: Tap into financing options to conserve your business capital for core business expenses.
- Many solar installation companies partner with financial institutions to offer lease and loan programs.
- Colorado’s RENU program offers loans for renewable energy installations (and for energy and water efficiency upgrades). Learn more here.
Utility Rebates for Solar Energy on Residential Properties
Xcel Energy offers four options for residential customers to install or purchase renewable energy.
Solar*Rewards for on-site solar installations
Xcel Energy offers the Solar*Rewards rebate and renewable energy credit for installation of solar photovoltaic systems by Xcel electric customers. The Solar*Rewards program opens once per month with a competitive offering for the system-wide sale of 2 megawatts of capacity.
A voluntary program to purchase solar energy from a community solar garden. This option is available to residents in Garfield County through Pivot Energy. Learn more here.
Power your home with a mix of off-site solar and wind power. As of January 2019, this program is fully subscribed. Customers can join the waitlist for new projects. Click here for info and a waitlist link.
Xcel Energy Windsource
Windsource is a voluntary program for Xcel Energy electric customers to purchase portions or all of their electricity from wind turbines operating in New Mexico. Learn more here.
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers rebates to customers for on-site solar photovoltaic systems, off-site systems, and for on-site solar thermal systems. Funding is from the Holy Cross Energy WE CARE program.
Tiered rebates based on system size:
- Systems up to 6 kW: $500 per kW
- Systems 6-12 kW: $335 per kW
- Systems 12-25 kW: $150 per kW
In addition, Holy Cross provides incentives for on-site battery storage of $250 per kW, up to 25 kW.
Off-Site Renewable Energy Purchasing Program
Buy some or all of your electricity from a community solar garden through the Renewable Energy Purchasing Program. Holy Cross credits the member’s monthly bill for the portion of clean energy produced by solar, wind and hydro projects that are tied to the Holy Cross electrical grid.
On-Site Solar Thermal
- Rebate of $1,500 per panel for up to 4 panels or $6,000
- Rebate can only be used in existing homes or commercial properties; new home construction is not eligible
- Rebate can only be used to replace existing electric-fired hot water heaters
- System must be completed and inspected within 120 days of pre-application form submission date.
CORE, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency
CORE offers rebates for a variety of energy projects, including on-site solar installations within its service territory.
CORE's territory currently includes the Pitkin, Eagle and Garfield County portions of the Roaring Fork and Crystal River valleys, including the City of Glenwood Springs. (Oct. 6, 2020: Effective Jan. 1, 2021, CORE will discontinue its programs in Garfield County.) CORE PV rebates are not available to Eagle County residents or to Xcel Energy electric customers.
To learn more, call CORE at (970) 925-9775 or visit aspencore.org.
Glenwood Springs Electric
April 17, 2020 - Due to budget concerns caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the City of Glenwood Springs has suspended its rebate program until further notice.