Solar Energy Makes Sense
Solar equipment prices have dropped 80% since 2011. Many homeowners across the U.S. are choosing solar energy as a way to establish energy independence and increase their property value.
Garfield Clean Energy’s free renewable energy consulting can help you understand the best options for using solar energy to power your residential property. We can:
- Provide telephone consulting to explain and evaluate on-site and off-site options.
- Calculate optimal system size to meet electricity consumption .
- Provide a remote site review to determine on-site solar potential .
- Review solar contractor bids .
- Advise on economic incentives and financing options.
Contact CLEER today to schedule your free renewable energy consulting call with Katharine Rushton.
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1105 / firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEER manages the programs and services of Garfield Clean Energy.
Solar is Affordable
Federal tax credits, utility incentives, CORE rebates and financing options make solar energy a smart investment for many residential property owners.
Federal Tax Credit: Now in its last year at the 30% rate (2019), the federal tax credit decreases in 2020 and 2021, and, for residential properties, ends on Dec. 31, 2021.
- 2019 projects: 30% federal tax credit
- 2020 projects: 26% federal tax credit
- 2021 projects: 22% federal tax credit
Utility Incentives: Offered by electric utilities serving Garfield County. Look below for details.
CORE Rebates: Offered to properties within the Roaring Fork Valley. Scroll down for info.
Financing: Tap into financing options to conserve your business capital for core business expenses.
- Many solar installation companies partner with financial institutions to offer lease and loan programs.
- Colorado’s RENU program offers loans for renewable energy installations (and for energy and water efficiency upgrades). Learn more here.
Utility Rebates for Solar Energy on Residential Properties
Xcel Energy offers four options for residential customers to install or purchase renewable energy.
Solar*Rewards for on-site solar installations
Xcel Energy offers the Solar*Rewards rebate and renewable energy credit for installation of solar photovoltaic systems by Xcel electric customers. The Solar*Rewards program opens once per month with a competitive offering for the system-wide sale of 2 megawatts of capacity.
A voluntary program to purchase solar energy from a community solar garden. This option is available to residents in Garfield County through Pivot Energy. Learn more here.
Power your home with a mix of off-site solar and wind power. As of January 2019, this program is fully subscribed. Customers can join the waitlist for new projects. Click here for info and a waitlist link.
Xcel Energy Windsource
Windsource is a voluntary program for Xcel Energy electric customers to purchase portions or all of their electricity from wind turbines operating in New Mexico. Learn more here.
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers rebates to customers for on-site solar photovoltaic systems, off-site systems, and for on-site solar thermal systems. Funding is from the Holy Cross Energy WE CARE program (With Efficiency, Conservation And Renewable Energy - We can make a world of difference).
Tiered rebates based on system size:
- Systems up to 6 kW: $750 per kW
- Systems 6 to 12 kW: $500 per kW
- Systems 12 to 25 kW: $200 per kW
Off-Site Renewable Energy Purchasing Program
Buy some or all of your electricity from a community solar garden through the Renewable Energy Purchasing Program. Holy Cross credits the member’s monthly bill for the portion of clean energy produced by solar, wind and hydro projects that are tied to the Holy Cross electrical grid.
On-Site Solar Thermal
- Rebate of $1,500 per panel for up to 4 panels or $6,000
- Rebate can only be used in existing homes or commercial properties; new home construction is not eligible
- Rebate can only be used to replace existing electric-fired hot water heaters
- System must be completed and inspected within 120 days of pre-application form submission date.
Glenwood Springs Electric
Glenwood Springs Electric and CLEER are offering incentives to customers to install solar PV systems.
Commercial properties: Rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 10 kilowatts (up to $5,000)
Residential properties: Rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 3 kilowatts. (up to $1,500) effective Jan. 1, 2019
- System must be designed and installed by NABCEP certified contractor
- Rebates will be offered and distributed by CLEER on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pre-approval is required. Your solar installation contractor will fill out the pre-approval application.
For solar PV contractors:
- 2019 Glenwood Springs Electric PV Terms and Conditions
- Glenwood Springs Net Metering Ordinance
- Glenwood Springs Electric Net Metering Application and Agreement (submit with the pre-approval application)
Contact CLEER Energy Coach Maisa Metcalf to get started
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1101 or email@example.com
Most Glenwood Springs commercial properties are also eligible for CORE solar PV rebates and for the federal tax credit. Your Energy Coach will help you maximize rebates and tax credits.
CORE, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency
CORE offers rebates for a variety of energy projects, including on-site solar installations within its service territory.
To learn more, call CORE at (970) 925-9775 or visit aspencore.org
CORE service territory
CORE serves the Roaring Fork and Crystal River valleys, including the City of Glenwood Springs. CORE does not serve the Marble/Gunnison County area. CORE PV rebates are not available to Eagle County residents or to Xcel Energy electric customers.