Solar energy makes sense for Garfield County businesses
Solar equipment prices have dropped 80-90% in the past decade. Many businesses across the U.S. are choosing solar energy as a way to control operating costs and hedge against escalating energy rates.
Garfield Clean Energy’s free renewable energy consulting can help you understand the best options for using solar energy to power your commercial property. We can:
- Provide an initial site review to determine on-site solar potential
- Calculate optimal system size to meet electric demand
- Review solar contractor bids
- Explain off-site renewable energy purchase options
- Advise on economic incentives and financing options
- Provide cash flow models and economic indicators for your investment
Contact CLEER today to schedule your free renewable energy consulting visit with Katharine Rushton: email@example.com.
CLEER manages the programs and services of Garfield Clean Energy.
Solar is affordable
Federal tax credits, utility rebates and financing options make solar energy a smart investment for many commercial property owners.
Federal Tax Credit: Great news! Congress extended this program in late 2020 with the following deadlines:
- Projects initiated before the end of 2022: 26% federal tax credit
- Projects initiated before the end of 2023: 22% federal tax credit
Utility Incentives: Offered by electric utilities serving Garfield County. See below.
CORE Rebates: Unfortunately, CORE has discontinued its rebate program in Garfield County.
Financing: Tap into financing options to conserve your business capital for core business expenses.
- Many solar installation companies partner with financial institutions to offer lease and loan programs.
- Colorado’s C-PACE program offers loans for renewable energy installations (and for energy and water efficiency upgrades). Learn more here.
Utility solar programs for commercial customers in Garfield County
Xcel Energy offers four options for commercial customers to install or purchase renewable energy.
Off-site solar through Renewable*Connect. As of January 2021, this program is fully subscribed. Customers can join the waitlist for new projects. More info and a waitlist link.
Third Party Providers. Offering on-site solar, community solar gardens, and other renewable energy generators. Learn more here.
Windsource for Business. Buy clean wind energy in blocks that match your budget and your electrical needs. $1.50 for every 100-kilowatt-hour block of electric power. More info.
Recycled Energy. Earn incentives for turning waste heat from exhaust stacks or pipes at your facility into electricity. Learn more here about tapping this on-site source of energy.
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers rebates for on-site systems and a program to purchase off-site renewable energy.
Tiered rebates based on system size:
- Systems up to 6 kW: $500 per kW
- Systems 6-12 kW: $335 per kW
- Systems 12-25 kW: $150 per kW
In addition, Holy Cross provides incentives for on-site battery storage of $250 per kW, up to 25 kW.
Buy some or all of your electricity from a community solar garden through Holy Cross's PuRE (Powered by 100% Renewable Energy) program. The utility charges a small premium on your monthly bill for the portion of clean energy produced by solar, wind and hydro projects that are tied to the Holy Cross electrical grid.
Glenwood Springs Electric
Glenwood Springs Electric customers installing commercial solar can claim a rebate of $500/kW up to 10KW ($5,000 maximum rebate).
Advance enrollment is required, and you must secure your rebate before starting the project. Energy efficiency upgrades and solar PV installations must meet program standards in order to qualify for rebates. Talk to one of our energy coaches to get started.