Solar Energy Makes Sense
Solar equipment prices have dropped 80% since 2011. Many businesses across the U.S. are choosing solar energy as a way to control operating costs and hedge against escalating energy rates.
Garfield Clean Energy’s free renewable energy consulting can help you understand the best options for using solar energy to power your commercial property. We can:
- Provide an initial site review to determine on-site solar potential .
- Calculate optimal system size to meet electric demand .
- Review solar contractor bids .
- Explain off-site renewable energy purchase options .
- Advise on economic incentives and financing options.
- Provide cash flow models and economic indicators for your investment.
Contact CLEER today to schedule your free renewable energy consulting visit with Katharine Rushton.
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1105 / email@example.com
CLEER manages the programs and services of Garfield Clean Energy.
Solar is Affordable
Federal tax credits, utility rebates, CORE rebates and financing options make solar energy a smart investment for many commercial property owners.
Federal Tax Credit: Now in its last year at the 30% rate (2019), the federal tax credit decreases over the next three years.
- 2019 projects: 30% federal tax credit
- 2020 projects: 26% federal tax credit
- 2021 projects: 22% federal tax credit
- 2022 and beyond projects: 10% federal tax credit
Utility Incentives: Offered by electric utilities serving Garfield County. Look below for details.
CORE Rebates: Offered to properties within the Roaring Fork Valley. Scroll down for info.
Financing: Tap into financing options to conserve your business capital for core business expenses.
- Many solar installation companies partner with financial institutions to offer lease and loan programs.
- Colorado’s C-PACE program offers loans for renewable energy installations (and for energy and water efficiency upgrades). Learn more here.
Utility Rebates for Solar Energy on Commercial Properties
Xcel Energy offers four options for commercial customers to install or purchase renewable energy.
Off-site solar through Renewable*Connect. As of January 2019, this program is fully subscribed. Customers can join the waitlist for new projects. More info and a waitlist link.
Third Party Providers. Offering on-site solar, community solar gardens, and other renewable energy generators. Learn more here.
Windsource for Business. Buy clean wind energy in blocks that match your budget and your electrical needs. $1.50 for every 100-kilowatt-hour block of electric power. More info.
Recycled Energy. Earn incentives for turning waste heat from exhaust stacks or pipes at your facility into electricity. Learn more here about tapping this on-site source of energy.
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers rebates to customers for on-site solar photovoltaic systems, off-site systems, and for on-site solar thermal systems. Funding is from the Holy Cross Energy WE CARE program (With Efficiency, Conservation And Renewable Energy - we can make a world of difference).
Tiered rebates based on system size:
- Systems up to 6 kW: $750 per kW
- Systems 6 to 12 kW: $500 per kW
- Systems 12 to 25 kW: $200 per kW
Off-Site Renewable Energy Purchasing Program
Buy some or all of your electricity from a community solar garden through the Renewable Energy Purchasing Program. Holy Cross credits the member’s monthly bill for the portion of clean energy produced by solar, wind and hydro projects that are tied to the Holy Cross electrical grid.
On-Site Solar Thermal
- Rebate of $1,500 per panel for up to 4 panels or $6,000
- Rebate can only be used in existing homes or commercial properties; new home construction is not eligible
- Rebate can only be used to replace existing electric-fired hot water heaters
- System must be completed and inspected within 120 days of pre-application form submission date.
Glenwood Springs Electric
Glenwood Springs Electric and CLEER are offering incentives to customers to install solar PV systems.
Commercial properties: Rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 10 kilowatts (up to $5,000)
Residential properties: Rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 3 kilowatts. (up to $1,500) effective Jan. 1, 2019
- System must be designed and installed by NABCEP certified contractor
- Rebates will be offered and distributed by CLEER on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pre-approval is required. Your solar installation contractor will fill out the pre-approval application.
For solar PV contractors:
- 2019 Glenwood Springs Electric PV Terms and Conditions
- Glenwood Springs Net Metering Ordinance
- Glenwood Springs Electric Net Metering Application and Agreement (submit with the pre-approval application)
Contact CLEER Energy Coach Maisa Metcalf to get started
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Glenwood Springs commercial properties are also eligible for CORE solar PV rebates and for the federal tax credit. Your Energy Coach will help you maximize rebates and tax credits.
CORE, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency
CORE offers rebates for a variety of energy projects, including on-site solar installations within its service territory.
To learn more, call CORE at (970) 925-9775 or visit aspencore.org
CORE service territory
CORE serves the Roaring Fork and Crystal River valleys, including the City of Glenwood Springs. CORE does not serve the Marble/Gunnison County area. CORE PV rebates are not available to Eagle County residents or to Xcel Energy electric customers.