Commercial rebates for solar electric and solar thermal
Solar electric / photovoltaic (PV)
CORE, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency, is offering rebates for installation of renewable energy systems on commercial properties in its service territory, while funding lasts. Please complete and submite a solar pre-application in advance to reserve your rebate.
- $0.75 per watt for systems up to 3 kW ($2,250) for on-site, customer-owned systems
- $0.50 per watt for on-site, leased systems up to 1.5 kW ($750)
- Xcel Energy commercial customers are not eligible for this rebate. Please visit Xcel's Solar*Rewards program for information on Xcel rebates for commercial installations.
Get the latest information about solar energy rebates from CORE by clicking here.
CORE also offers rebates for micro-hydro electric generation systems, 25% of project cost up to $3,000.
CORE service territory
CORE serves the Roaring Fork and Crystal River valleys, including the City of Glenwood Springs. CORE does not serve the Marble/Gunnison County area. CORE PV rebates are not available to Eagle County residents or to Xcel Energy electric customers.
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers a rebate for installation of solar photovoltaic systems by Holy Cross customers through the WE CARE program (With Efficiency, Conservation And Renewable Energy - we can make a world of difference)
Rebates for on-site systems
Tiered rebates based on system size:
- Systems up to 6 kW: $750 per kW
- Systems 6 to 12 kW: $500 per kW
- Systems 12 to 25 kW: $200 per kW
Off-site Renewable Energy Purchasing Program
Holy Cross Energy commercial customers can buy off-site renewable energy through the Renewable Energy Purchasing Program. Holy Cross credits the member’s monthly bill for the portion of clean energy produced by solar, wind and hydro projects tied to the Holy Cross electrical grid.
Glenwood Springs Electric
Glenwood Springs Electric and CLEER are offering incentives to customers to install solar PV systems.
Commercial properties: rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 10 kilowatts (up to $5,000)
Residential properties: rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 3 kilowatts. (up to $1,500) effective Jan. 1, 2019
System must be designed and installed by NABCEP certified contractor
Rebates will be offered and distributed by CLEER on a first-come, first-served basis.
Pre-approval is required. Your solar installation contractor will fill out the pre-approval application.
Note to Solar PV contractors:
Review the Glenwood Springs Electric PV Supply System requirements on the city website.
Glenwood Springs Electric Net Metering Application and Agreement (submit with the pre-approval application)
Contact CLEER Energy Coach Maisa Metcalf to get started:
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Xcel Energy offers four options for commercial customers to install or purchase renewable energy.
Off-site solar through Renewable*Connect. As of January 2019, this program is fully subscribed. Customers can join the waitlist for new projects. More info and a waitlist link.
Third Party Providers for on-site solar, community solar gardens, and other renewable energy generators. Learn more here.
Windsource for Business. Buy clean wind energy in blocks that match your budget and your electrical needs. $1.50 for every 100-kilowatt-hour block of electric power. More info.
Recycled Energy. Earn incentives for turning waste heat from exhaust stacks or pipes at your facility into electricity. Learn more here about tapping this on-site source of energy.
- $1,000 per system
- Eligibility details and rebate reservation form
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers a rebate for installation of solar thermal systems by Holy Cross customers through the WE CARE program (With Efficiency, Conservation And Renewable Energy - we can make a world of difference)
- Rebate of $1,500 per panel for up to 4 panels or $6,000
- Rebate can only be used in existing homes or commercial properties; new home construction is not eligible
- Rebate can only be used to replace existing electric-fired hot water heaters
- System must be completed and inspected within 120 days of pre-application form submission date.
For details and the pre-application form, click here.